Sunday 20 February 2011

Does Leaving Conditioner On Your Hair Overnight Really Work?


Okay, so my hair is seriously dry at the moment, and the fact Winter has just passed hasn't exactly helped my situation. So I decided I'd ask Google what I should do. And unless I was prepared to cover my hair with eggs and honey, leaving conditioner in my hair overnight seemed like my best option without spending a fortune. So last night I decided to do so. I washed my hair with shampoo and then conditioner as normal, then towel dried my hair and lathered it in conditioner. I wrapped a towel around my head and went to bed. When I woke up this morning, the towel had managed to make it's way onto my floor, but I was surprised to find my pillow wasn't damp with conditioner, the conditioner had dried on my hair, leaving it crisp. Weirdly, I was excited to rinse the conditioner off my hair. (Probably shouldn't get my hopes up!)
Okay, so I definitely shouldn't of got my hopes up. Being the impatient girl I am, I didn't rinse all of the conditioner out of my hair. Although my hair felt smooth and was easy to brush whilst wet, when I had finished drying my hair, it felt, indescribable. Although, the several sections of my hair where I had actually managed to rinse the conditioner out properly, felt soft and looked shiny.
I would definitely recommend this tip, just remember to thoroughly rinse your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment